How much weight can my boat take?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WaltonsMountain

Reaction score
I dont know how much weight my boat can take. I got it used and the plate info is long gone. It's a 1974 Appleby 12x32(bottom) flatbottom Jon boat. Any idea how much weight it is rated for?

It's hard to say.. Is it welded?, rivets? You may be able to do a search on boats from different makes and get an idea.

This is the tracker topper 1232

Length 12'
Beam 45"
Transom Height 15"
Bottom Width 32"
Max. Recommended HP 3 HP
Max. Person Capacity 3 Persons
Max. Person Weight 260 Lbs.
Max. Weight Capacity 375 Lbs.
Hull Material 0.043 5052 Marine Alloy
Weight (approx.) 100 Lbs.

Well ****. Should I only go out by myself on this thing then? Im a bigger guy and just myself, a buddy, and the motor would push us over the 500lb mark. That's not even including oars, life jackets, anchor, gas tank, battery, 5 gal livewell and fishing gear. I imagine with all that included we'd be looking at 600-650lbs...... Lonely boating times ahead? :(

WaltonsMountain said:
Well ****. Should I only go out by myself on this thing then? Im a bigger guy and just myself, a buddy, and the motor would push us over the 500lb mark. That's not even including oars, life jackets, anchor, gas tank, battery, 5 gal livewell and fishing gear. I imagine with all that included we'd be looking at 600-650lbs...... Lonely boating times ahead? :(

Not if you get a bigger boat :D

Ah, but in all seriousness you would be pushing it with even another guy. Maybe use it this year and then upgrade if you can next year?

You can fish 2 out of that

Just keep adding weight until it no longer floats - then subtract one pound and you are set LOL

I fish 2 people out of my 10ft boat all the time without incdent. Not in rough water or anything but I have a 4hp motor, gas, cooler, gear and no problems.

I did have a friend with me ONCE that weighed about 300lbs, we made it ok but we were afraid to pass gas lol. A little lean to let one loose might have flipped us over.lol. Rember though we were in small waters and not rough or choppy at all.

Latest posts