Yet another paint question...

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joepowe8

Reaction score
Its raining outside. Can I move my boat under the garage and paint it? I'm worried that the moisture will keep the paint from drying.

It will slow the process. It won't ruin your project though.

I live in Orlando, FL...it rains here a lot, and even when it doesn't, it is VERY HUMID. I don't think we have but a couple months a year when I am in the "Recommended" range for painting ANYTHING.

LOL. I say move it in and paint.

Bufford in Orlando

read the label. chances are, it will tell you not to.

I vote to wait it out. This late in the season, whats another day or two to wait for sun and better conditions?

are you talking about a covered (all sides garage) or a covered carport... garage is ok, but you better have some GOOD ventilation and wear a mask... under a carport is risky - it will take your paint that much longer to dry, and if it gets wet... well, I wouldn't recommend it

It turned out to be sunny today so I went ahead and painted it. It went pretty good. I used styk river camo stencils. I'll post pictures in my orginal thread, Full time duck boat, part time fishing boat, tomorrow.

joepowe8 said:
It turned out to be sunny today so I went ahead and painted it. It went pretty good. I used styk river camo stencils. I'll post pictures in my orginal thread, Full time duck boat, part time fishing boat, tomorrow.

Ahhh Camo - different story - you have a pass

Latest posts