Hard areas to sand....

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WaltonsMountain

Reaction score
I have mostly finished sanding the exterior hull, bow, transom, and sides of my 12'. What can I use to get in the crevaces though? I want the complete sand job and have been going down to bare aluminum. My orbital wont reach certain areas like around bolts or underneath handles, etc. I was thinking possibly a chemical stripper? Is this the way to go?

hey guys went ahead and finished her off with some CHEMICAL STRIPPER. Worked the best out of: Regular 60grit sandpaper, wire brush, etc. Just coat it on, wait 5-15mins, then comes off like butter on a hot day. :) Just finish up the little areas with a sand sponge and you're good to go. For anyone who reads this later on.... go with chemical stripper for those hard to reach areas.

Bugpac said:
I dont like paint stripper, Leaves a smooth shiny surface underneath... I like a rough wire brush in the angle grinder..

That's why you take the paint off w/ a sand sponge/other sander.... gives you that rough surface. And comes off like butter! :mrgreen:

Latest posts