My no-money boat project

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ccotton333

Reaction score
Here is a little background. I traded a old PC for this boat and trailer with a 7.5 gamefisher motor. I had a buddy that had bought a jon boat that had a deck in it. Well i loved the idea, So here we go. I got the boat on even trade for the computer. I then got free wood to do everything (got wood from home depot I'll attach an extra picture of other uses i found for the wood.) any ways. my grandfather gave me a sheet of plywood to use. and this is what turned out. I need to paint it, but as far as i'm really concerned, I could care less if it's painted. The motor was given to me by a close friend who had just bought a upgrade for his riverhawk, as you'll notice it's not the gamefisher motor. Any way due to my boat being store 45 minutes away, it took me about 2 months of working on it but only about 2 actual afternoons building on it. I credit this site for everything I did, because a lot of my ideas came from here. Understand I'm no bass fisherman and don't care for them at all. I like trolling for crappie, bream, and the occasional jugging, so on my boat the only requirement for me was a trolling rig to hold 4 poles, which you will see laying there. please let me know what you think. As far as stability it's great doesn't feel tipsy at all.

Attachments

• GetAttachment.aspx.jpg
    GetAttachment.aspx.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 647
  • GetAttachment.aspx (1).jpg
    GetAttachment.aspx (1).jpg
    54 KB · Views: 647
  • GetAttachment.aspx (2).jpg
    GetAttachment.aspx (2).jpg
    47 KB · Views: 647
Oh I forgot about the other uses I found for the free wood. Here's a snapshot. If you notice, the wood you can tell better in this picture if you look closely. it's the wood that they use to bundle the wood. it comes in sizes like 2X2 all the way up to 2x6 on most pieces it's either 2x2 or 2x4 though. Please understand that the only power tool I had was a drill, which was a rechargeable. All of this was put together in about a week at my house using the drill, a hacksaw(didn't have a wood saw and forgot to pick on up somehow every time i went to home depot), and some screws I picked up at Walmart. In everything, I have 12 bucks in screws and my time. It was a lot of fun, and I plan to make more stuff in my house that way. Mainly because I enjoyed it so much. I have a wood saw now, but my hacksaw cuts better oddly enough.

Attachments

• HPIM1812.JPG
    HPIM1812.JPG
    46.6 KB · Views: 628

Latest posts