2003 Mirrocraft Deep Fisherman progress updates to come

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kgrantsc

Reaction score
I recently picked up a nice little 2003 Mirrocraft deep fisherman from craigslist. Being from the Carolinas (go Cocks!) I had never heard of this manufacturer. I got a great deal on the boat and trailer and it came with a 1994 Mercury 6hp outboard and minn kota trolling motor. It is a completely blank slate so any suggestions you have would be welcomed. I think I will just fish for bass, crappie, bream and maybe strippers. I think I'll plywood and carpet the benches because that will be a good place to mount electronics and rod holders. I also want to mount swivel seats. Don't know if I'll put in a floor yet. If any one has experience with this model and flooring let me know.

I have been reading these forums for months as I looked for the right deal. Now that I'm part of the tin boat family I thought I should join. Glad to be here!

DSC_0020.jpg

DSC_0026.jpg

Well......even though I'm a Clemson fan, Im going to welcome you to the site! :D

Nice looking boat!!

Where are you in SC?

Welcome aboard! I actually just started working on a mid-70's mirrocraft that looks to be about the same make. Not sure exactly what i'm gonna do with the inside yet (still stripping the last bit of paint off the hull), but have plans of putting a floor and low decks both front and back (storage purposes) and taking the middle seat out. Hoping to get it painted in the next week or 2, so when i start on the floor i'll keep you posted on how it's going. Will be following your thread, and can't wait to see what you do with yours!!

welcome aboard! I'm a clemson fan too - but God sent a message (even though your name may not be Steve, just put your name in there... ) :lol:

Attachments

• church.jpg
    church.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 1,010
Nice looking boat! you'll love it.

I have a 1974 14 Deep Fisherman, which looks very close to the same basic design. You can take a look at some of the improvements I made in this thread: https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=7861

I'm currently living in Huntersville, NC but I grew up in Chester, SC. I'm glad to be here but will have to watch my comments with so many of you Clemson boys lurking :D

kjo that is one nice looking mod that you did. did you ever end up putting a floor in? I'm still thinking about it. I'm also considering taking out the middle bench or cutting it out and building a live well/bait well. I doubt I'll ever have more than one other person fishing with me but it might be nice to have space for another fisherman.

i'm going to see if I can get the motor fired up this weekend. it has been in dry storage for a few years but looks to be in great shape. I'm going to change the fuel filter and spark plugs and try it out tomorrow after dinner. I'm going to hold off on changing out the impeller until I see if it needs a new one.

Latest posts