New to Site

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

riverdawgs

Reaction score
Hello everyone, This website is awesome and I am glad to be here.

Just bought a 1960 Duracraft jon and I am stoked. I believe it is in excellent condition, it came with a 18h merc (not sure of the date yet) a home trailer which is um... well ya know it carries the boat, 35 trolling motor with a new marine battery, the middle seat has been converted to a 2 part livewell that works haha.

anyway took it out on the maiden voyage saturday expecting some problems but WOW everything ran great and no leaks.

ill be posting pics soon and once again im happy to have found this site.

keep your line in the water!

Welcome to the site.

What size is the jon? Post some pictures of the boat soon.

Welcome aboard RiverDawg! Look forward to see pics of your ride and reading more about your mod plans.

I'm new myself but welcome.
My tin is a duracraft also. What length is yours?

Usmctanker said:
I'm new myself but welcome.
My tin is a duracraft also. What length is yours?

HA! You need to read before you post LMFAO

Welcome to both of you - please list your location in the profile

I thought 1960 was a year model too... but it may be - or it could be the length/width

Welcome to the site.
The pictures are going to clear up the 1960
year/size?
I'm thinking year,with an 18hp,35TM.

thanks for the warm welcome, yes it is 14ft or so the title says ill measure it tommorow (LOL) didnt have time to take pics today, we were fishing in it and are going back in the morning when the sun comes up. but i will take some tommorow and post em.

oooh wait... i took some when i went to pick it up from the guy on my cell. gonna post em. will take high quality shots tommorow.

285310637829_0_0.jpg

285309710981_0_0.jpg

285310015493_0_0.jpg

285586380677_0_0.jpg

Like i said crappy pics but ill get more tommorow.

=D>

ok back from fishing :) caught a 1lb bluegill today wooohooo and about 11 other good ones. got some pics but now my battery is dead on the camera so ill get em posted tommorow.

the serial number on my engine is 6344713 on the mercury marine data plate, that is the only number i can find on the entire engine. I looked (or tried to) it up everywhere i could find online and it doesnt match any year. Does anyone have a link to a site that will work?

Mercury 18

picked up a galv trailer today for 200.00 woohoo its alot better than that homeade pos that came with the boat :) going to bring it home after we fish today :).