Fulton Swing Away Trailer Tongue

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Finally got mine put on. Thought I'd share the pics. Its a good project that anyone can install themselves and now I can fit my boat in the garage.

Attachments

• IMG_7330.jpg
    IMG_7330.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 989
  • IMG_7331.jpg
    IMG_7331.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 989
  • IMG_7332.jpg
    IMG_7332.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 989
  • IMG_7333.jpg
    IMG_7333.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 989
Looks great. I bought the same kit but I still need to install it. Do you like the quality of it?

Tom

TrackerTom, I definitely like the quality of it. I wasn't sure what to expect when I ordered it, but its really an impressive piece of hardware. Very beefy. I was originally thinking I might go ahead and get it welded just for backup, but after installing it I really have no worries about it.

That's what I figured. I have a friend in MN that has one on his trailer and it's for a Lund deep V style aluminum boat with an 80HP 4 stroke yamaha. I'm sure it weighs much more than our setups and he's never had issue with it in about 7 years. I know we are way under the 3500 lb rating for the unit and I'm sure it will work great. I guess I should get off my butt and install mine. Really where I'm parking my boat now I don't need it, but I need to move it up to my normal garage for the winter so I can rebuild the engine in my Wife's Jeep CJ7 in my basement. I will need it installed to fit it in the 2 car garage. They do look like robust units. Good job on the install. How long of a piece did you hinge on yours? I think what I had read was normally about 3' of the tongue so I was just wondering what you did.

Latest posts