New Member with a 1032

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

selfsurrender

Reaction score
First I want to say Thanks for all the great info on the forum, I learned a lot. I have 2 Jon boats right now, an old 1984 12' Lowe Semi V and I am picking up a 2 year old Tracker 1032 tonight. I was going to modify the 12' semi v, I even got the cracks welded but I couldn't pass up the great offer on the 1032. I bought the steelflex paint for the 12' and not sure if I will use it on the 1032 since it is so new(I might post it on the forum to sell it un-opened). Anyway I know the weight limit on the 1032 is low but I am going to build some compartments, carpet it, add a trolling motor and put some seats in it. I will post pics of the project this weekend, I am excited to finally be able to catch some reds on the water instead of trying on the shore :)

Thanks,

Lou

Thanks for joining..

Love to see pics of your build..Keep us posted, with pics!

Please put your location in your profile..

Thanks!!!!

I think you made a good decision. I had a 1032 and it was so unstable...down right scary. You will e happy with the one you kept. Good luck on the project and keep the pics coming.

selfsurrender said:
Thanks! I decided to keep the 12' semi V to save some money. The sanding begins!

Always good to Save Money, Im not sure How wide your 12ft V bottom is, The 1032 will work good within Reason, Depends on What you try to do with it! I bought one New from Bass Pro In the winter of 2006, Still using it today, Along with it's Sister the 16 footer!

To me, The 10 footer is a one Man Boat, I always use it alone, When it was 3 months old, I cut the Top out of the center seat, framed it , And built a "Cap" for it out of plywood and 2=2's, Covered it with carpet! I put two large Deep Cycle batteries under that Seat, Moved that weight "midship", I Decked the Floor in front of the rear seat, At Floor Level!!! I covered the rear Seat with Plywood and 2=2's and carpet ,and put enough Build up on it so I could set in The Fishing Seat With my Feet flat on the Floor! I fish standing up all I want! "you" just have to keep an out for large Wake's and Set down!! Stay away From the Big Water!

I bought a "Prowler " 45 Lb. Trolling motor for the back of it, Ran the wires under the Floor to the Batteries, put a stop and go"Big Foot Switch " on it, and went Fishing, I use it in Local Small Lake's and the River arms Of Beaver and Table Rock Lakes

I love that little Boat, But you Can't Deck them to the Top of the Seats, And get out there and Fish Standing up, Unless you want to spend all your time fighting to stand up!! Actually I dont think I would want to try it laying Down, But that is just me :lol: That Center Seat I talked about is 18 in. Wide, All I had to do is stand on it one time, And try to Cast!! And I learned what level to put my "Deck"on!! Good Luck with your Project, Ill be following it with Interest!!

Latest posts