1969 Lund Deep V

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CarlF

Reaction score
Found a 1969 Lund w/25 hp, trailer, trolling motor, galvanized trailer, etc..for $899.
Add says no leaks or dents.
Just talked to the guy, says the motor starts on the 1st or second pull, it's already camo'ed, seats etc...
Said it came from north Alabama somewhere, so I'm thinking most of those years are freshwater.
All other things being equal, any opinions on buying a 40 year old hull??????

I wouldn't have any problem buying an old tinnie.
If no leaks or dents, sounds like you got yourself a good boat.
Hope it checks out. Post some pics when you can.
Good luck.

My boat is from the late 70's and it's been beat a bit. Has about a tube of silicone on the front end and still leaks. I have a bilge pump though and it does the job nicely.

One thing to watch for is the transom. If they used treated wood when they rebuilt it, assuming they rebuilt it at some point, the treatment works to pit the aluminum. I had that on my boat. It was pitted pretty good in some places, but since it was the back,I just put untreated wood on it and put it back together. Figured if a few of the spots sprung leaks, It wouldn't be the end of the world.

In my eyes, the engine is the most expensive part to check out.

The only pics he could get to me are a couple of cell phone shots. Looks pretty good other than it appears that maybe the boat is a short transom & the motor might be a long shaft?
But I could run my 18 hp on it until I can sell the long shaft and get a short-shaft 25.

Lund16.jpg

Blown-up pixalated versions:

Lund16B.jpg

Looks like a nice light weight setup.
The only thing that caught my eye is I can't tell if the trailer has
wheel fenders? Not a deal breaker though.
I agree you could run the 18. Is it a 14 or 16 footer?

Its a 16'.
Nope, no fenders. Definately not a big deal.
Just thought about it, I can convert the long shaft to a short shaft.
Needs some work on the bench tops too, but for $900, big deal.

Two pixilated pics. I am going to try to go see it tomorrow.

2_5B.jpg

2_4B.jpg

yep, looks like a decent rig. I see it has a bow mounted troller too. Nice.
You will be happy with the extra room of a 16'.

I have a '81 25hp johnson on mine too.

Regarding the shaft conversion. Yea, you can convert it.

The household cheif financial officer just reminded me that her tuition as well as other bills are due. So, no boat for me yet.
This rig on the craiglist under Pensacola Florida if anyone is interested.

CarlF said:
The household cheif financial officer just reminded me that her tuition as well as other bills are due. So, no boat for me yet.
This rig on the craiglist under Pensacola Florida if anyone is interested.
Don't worry, think of it as a sign. The right boat will come to you.

I know, i really need to just stop looking until after she graduates and goes back to work. I'm just torturing myself!

Don't loose hope yet. I was thinking if you have a good running 18hp, you're about half way there.

There's still some more good deals out there. Shop cheap. Also, if you got some stuff you don't need, sometimes a seller will accept trades. Doesn't hurt to ask.

$125 boat. Maybe not exactly what you wanted, but it will get you on the water...

https://pensacola.craigslist.org/boa/1360383557.html
cheapBoat.jpg

Here's a $100 trailer. No pic, but maybe worth taking a look at...
https://pensacola.craigslist.org/boa/1364876300.html
cheapTrailer.jpg

Just a thought.

Oh, I dont need a boat, I already have my 1440 mv with 18 hp, which will just have to do for a while.
There are some interesting boats on the Mobile, AL craigslist. There is a fiberglass 15' for $250.00 that would make some one a good rig.

jasper60103 said:
Don't loose hope yet.,,,

https://pensacola.craigslist.org/boa/1360383557.html
cheapBoat.jpg

Not to steal your thread but I have one just like that for sale, with a trailer. No title/registration (previously titled in TX). If you come pick it up, you can the package for $250.

Trailer is galvanized(?) and has never seen water besides rain. Trailer was $600+ 5 years ago new. Boat is in ok shape - looks about like that one. The front cracked when it filled with water, but it doesn't seem to affect much.

Good luck on your search.

Latest posts