Landau 1447

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fatman47172

Reaction score
Well I am back again with more questions before I start my project on my boat. The boat is a Landau 1447. It is 47" at the widest part of the boat. The boat was given to me by a friend who mounted 2 pedestal seats, My idea is to put a plywood floor all the way thru the boat. About 18" in front of the middle sear I want to raise the floor about 6". The inside of the boat from the floor to the top of the rail is about 11 or 12". I don't want the deck much higher because of stability. I had thought about mounting an aluminum angle to the front seat about 1/2 to 3/4" below the top edge so it would be any higher than that. I then want to raise one side higher to mount a bow mount trolling motor to it. The boat is rated for a 10 HP motor but want to know if I could go any larger or if that would cause a problem. Before I get too far ahead of myself I had planned on putting a removable seat mount in place of the stationary one already there. From there mounting another pedistal mount so I could remore that seat and use it on the deck. Well I would like some feedback. Also how do you repaint an aluminum boat? How to get some info. Thanks and look forward to hearing form you.

In Texas if it is rated for 10hp and you put something on it bigger the Gamewarden can issue a citation.

I'd stick to what it is rated for. As for the deck/floor it sounds like your on the right track. I mounted aluminum square tubing to my seat and set the deck on that and screwed it to the tubing.

As for repainting you will need to remove the old paint and use a self etching primer, then apply the paint.

Good luck and take lots of before pics. (something I wish I had done)

The primer is called Zink Chromate primer and it is an etching primer. Remove all paint/primer from boat and apply ZC primer, let it cure/etch (about 24 hours usually), then repaint. If your hull has good paint and or primer (with no bare patches to the metal) then just use a quality primer and paint over the existing stuff. Use a random orbital sander to scuff it first. Removing the original paint/primer can be done two ways:
1) With chemical paint remover, or
2) LOTS of sanding with a wire wheel.

Decks are largely personal and can be built in many ways. There are tons of pictures on this forum to get ideas from, as well as lots of reasons why the builders chose that way. Find one that works for ya or make up a new one! I would use pretty heavy gauge Alu if using Alu angle, or lightweight square tubing, like huntinfool.

Motor size? Keep it safe, match your abilities. The water is very unforgiving of screw ups. <<< experience talking!

Latest posts