The Riverdawg pre-mod pics

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

riverdawgs

Reaction score
ok got some pics finally, here is what im starting with. she runs great no leaks, motor is great, livewell is great but...

i gotta do something to her to make it easier for the wife and myself to pull em in :) (not that we are doing bad at that but lol)

ok well, pics were to big, gonna resize them and put em up :)

ok pics are done :( looong week at work
these are pics of how the boat looks currently

The Real Riverdawg!
DCP_2978.jpg

DCP_2985.jpg

DCP_2989.jpg

DCP_2992.jpg

DCP_3005.jpg

DCP_3017.jpg

DCP_3022.jpg

DCP_3015.jpg

DCP_3014.jpg

285310015493_0_0.jpg

DCP_3013.jpg

DCP_3003.jpg

DCP_2983.jpg

MMMMMM
DCP_2959.jpg

dont freak out about the trailer :) already replaced it with a galvanized one for 200.00. still have to do some adjustments but its gonna be sweet.

Is that a 200 mercury series on the back? I have one in a 20hp model and it runs awesome. Looks like you have a great project boat.

thanks yall,

I used a 4 foot piece of 6" pvc. cut it in half and made the first 6 that you see, used a door knob cutter ( if thats what its called ) to cut the holes and a dremel to cut the rest. worked out real good.

I like the way they work on the boat but im gonna mount em different after the mod. the way they are mounted right now is just with screws through the gunwhale which were already there with the cut outs from the holes with a wing nut :). Landed some big cats with the poles in the holders, they didnt budge :).

I just couldnt see paying 15 bucks each for the driftmaster series. everything so far for 12 holders cost about that much. just the time to make them. id say about 10 min each from start to finish.

its a mercury 18 is all i know. besides it runs like a scalded dog haha. i posted the numbers on a diff post on the site trying to find out m ore about it but no one has came up with any other info. ill try to find the post.

ok i come to you all for the questions :) there is a plethra of information on this site which i am trying to read all of it. Im a paramedic by trade and if your heart stops i can help ya, when it comes to mod-ing a jon im gonna go to the experts :)

i think the boat is deep enough and stable enough for me to deck it. 56 in at the bottom of the gunwhale at the widest part.

i would like to go from the bow to the rear of the middle seat with a full deck. then a deck from the transom to the front of the rear seat, with a lower deck in between for the legs when im steering the boat, if that makes sense. with the livewell already there and working perfectly id rather not mess with that and just put hatches in the deck etc.

front storage for batt and vests etc, and cooler in front of the lw if possible with more storage on the sides, rear batt and gas storage with hatches.

wow i hope this all makes sense.

i have a background in minor woodwork and welding but far from a proffesional. pretty good knowledge of electrical as well.

im open to all suggestions and i have amassed alot of pics from other mods i like and can post.

im a do it myselfer but i would like to have some ideas of what you all would do if it was yours :)

thanks in advance

Check out Google's Sketchup. It's free and should be able to do what you need. If you don't know anything about drafting software there may a little learning curve to it.

still havent started the mods :((( i cant decide if i want to brace from the botton to the top of the seats or just run 2x4s over the seats and deck on top of that (sigh)

This is how my buddy mounted his. Nice boat by the way.

Attachments

• DSCI0034.jpg
    DSCI0034.jpg
    556.1 KB · Views: 629
  • DSCI0034.jpg
    DSCI0034.jpg
    556.1 KB · Views: 629