Yes, Another durn Newbie

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

catfishtn

Reaction score
Hey all,

Been lurking for a while, Love this site. Hope I Qualify for all the good will I see here. [-o<

Posting My boat pics for all to see. Just got this boat, Project in the works.

P1000818.jpg

P1000819.jpg

P1000824.jpg

P1000823.jpg

Any info you can give me on this boat would be appreciated. It has no capacity plate. 40 horse Johnson.

Figure if I post on here, I'll have to work on it or be accused of being a procrastinator. (Me? no, not me, never)

Anyway, thanks and waiting patiently.

Joe Hiller

Welcome Joe!

Nice looking boat. I've never heard of the Traveler brand, but from the looks of it, it's a well build boat. I'm with the Capt'n, I'd be fishing in that sucker till winter and start my project then.

welcome aboard

i lived in east nashville a few years ago and worked in galiton at trickett honda. small world eah

good lookin rig love them cats

Good lookin' boat. I've got one in the driveway right now. It is Krisopp's boat (he is registered here)

It seems like a well built boat. His has had some work done to it, but it seems like it is pretty sturdy.

Welcome aboard and congrats on a good looking project.

I know my Dad has a modified V similar to yours. He has a 40 or 50hp on the back.
Also, he is in TN as well around Memphis though. Loves to fish the TN river.

Captain Ahab said:
catfishtn said:
Just for further info, under Traveler, It says SeaNymph.

Joe

That is a Lowe boat then - that is one of there brand names

https://2008.loweboats.com/showroom/utilities/sea-nymph/
Well, sorta. Back when that boat was made, Lowe, Grumman and Sea Nymph were separate brands, all owned by OMC. In '99, OMC died, and the companies were combined. Grumman no longer exists, and Lowe put the Sea Nymph name on the new small vees. A late 90s Lowe, Sea Nymph, and Grumman vee will be identical. So, that boat is an OMC made Sea Nymph.

Awesome! Thanks so much.

Bassboy, any chance you can tell me the horsepower rating? I know it is a stretch, but no plate or model # at all. I won't hold you responsible [-X just wanting to get an idea what I am working with here. It is 14 foot if that helps. Very wide.

Thanks for the welcomes, that's why I decided to become one of the loyal!

Joe