Searching for an older post

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Finn

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I have been trolling here for quite some time now and finally decided to post. A while back I was reading an interesting post where a gentleman had done a modification to a boat, and then another to his trailer. I believe that the boat ended up with a painting of a mouth with teeth (similar to a shark, or what you would often see painted on the nose of an A-10 warthog/older vietnam era landing craft) on the bow. What sticks out in my mind was his trailer, which is what I am after a picture of.

The trailer had been modded to have an engine mount near the hitch. I am looking to do the same with my trailer and was hoping to use that picture as a reference. Unfortunately I have been unable to find that post with my searches. I am hoping one of you has better memory than I and would be able to direct me to what I am looking for.

You guys have done some amazing mods, I have really enjoyed reading your stories and the descriptions of what you have done. Keep up the good work!

Finn

I remeber a boat with teeth as well - just cannot remember the screen name

Do a search using some terms you are looking for using the search feature in the upper right hand corner

Henry Hefner is the user name he goes by on here as well.

You can search through his post on here, but the most I could find was on his website.

kbkid said:

You can search through his post on here, but the most I could find was on his website.

Thanks Kbid, thats exactly what I was looking for!

I appreciate the help everyone.

Finn

Finn said:
What sticks out in my mind was his trailer, which is what I am after a picture of.

The trailer had been modded to have an engine mount near the hitch. I am looking to do the same with my trailer and was hoping to use that picture as a reference. Unfortunately I have been unable to find that post with my searches. I am hoping one of you has better memory than I and would be able to direct me to what I am looking for.

Finn

Finn, the mount was very simple. The existing winch post was square tubing, open on the top. I just took some square tubing that would fit snug inside, and welded a "T", where the base of the "T" slid into the existing winch post, and welded a small length of chain to it so I had something to lock the motor to. It works very well, but blocks you from walking the trailer tongue from the boat if that is what you normally do when launching or loading. A workaround would be to weld a "walkaround" step to the trailer tongue.

Henry

kbkid said:

I don't have a mod thread here because I did mine before I discovered this site, not because I wanted my own site. I actually thought about trying to copy/paste most of it here just to contribute to all the info, but all I did was post it on the sticky mod thread and put it in my signature line. I also put a link on my page back to TinBoats, because this site has so much info, and I wanted to redirect any "stolen" traffic back here.
I really wish more people would put their mods in their sig line, I get confused about who is who sometimes, and a quick look at their mod can help "unconfuse" me.

I really wish more people would put their mods in their sig line, I get confused about who is who sometimes, and a quick look at their mod can help "unconfuse" me.

I think this should go in the thread about how we can improve the site. Good idea.

BTW I really like what you have done to your boat. I'm getting closer and closer to finishing my boat...but there just always seems like you can do one more thing.

huntinfool said:
..but there just always seems like you can do one more thing.

Amen! I have a box with stuff I've bought here and there to add or replace on my boat, but never seem to find the time. I have BeeReady rod holders, but they are the early non-adjustable models that I would like to upgrade, and some split plastic flex I need to put around some of the wiring in the storage area, and the trailer could really use some work on the guides and a good paint job, and....

Latest posts