Bimini top

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hamar507

Reaction score
Hey fellas just wondering if anyone has experience with putting a bimini top on a jon boat. I have a Polar Kraft 1257 and can't find a bimini top on line that will just bolt on. Don't have access to a metal shop where I can build a frame and then make a top. If anyone has a suggestion for an online site or modifying one that is a near size I would appreciate it. I want to add a deck later on near the front of the boat so I would like to mount the Bimini about mid boat. I am trying to attach photos of the boat but am told the file is too big.

The bimini tops come in seveal sizes and widths. Bass Pro and Cabelas should have them online.

As far as the picture, load it to photobucket after it has been resized. There is a link that can help you, let me see if I can find it.

See if this will help

Step 1: Upload the picture onto your computer, and save it under a file name you will remember.
Step 2: Download "Irfanview" for free online. You can just google this.
Step 3: Open Irfanview, and click "File" and then "Open." Open the image you wish to post onto Tinboats.
Step 4: Click "Image" on the top of the toolbar, then click "Resize/Resample."
Step 5: Click on the 640x480 pixels option.

Step 6: Click "File," then "Save As." Save the image under a name and in a location you will remember. Make sure that it is a "JPG-JPEG Files" type of file.
Step 7: Make a photobucket account if you do not have one (https://www.Photobucket.com). Log in, and click "Choose files." Find the most resized version of the image you want to post (the 640x800 pixel JPG version you just saved from Irfanview).
Step 8: Once uploaded onto photobucket, select the "Direct Link" URL located under the picture of the image. Copy that URL.
Step 9: Go back to the Tinboats topic you wish to post the image on, and click the "Img" button on the toolbar.

Step 10: Paste the "Direct Link" URL between the
For example: [*IMG]https://i76.photobucket.com/albums/blahblahblah....[/IMG*] (just without the stars).
Step 11: You're done!

How to upload pictures:

From a Camera
Depending on the camera you have (digital), you should be able to hook it up to the computer using a cable, or plugging the camera's memory card into a cable to the computer (usually through the USB port). A program should automatically pop up and ask which images you want to upload.

From a Camera Phone
Send a Pix Message to your email address. Then, open that email from the computer you wish to upload the image on, and save it to the computer.

An alternative to Step 9-10 is under the message, there is an "Upload attachment" section.

LIke noted above, basspro or cabelas should have one to fit. Not sure what you mean by "just bolt on" but with the one for our 21' bayboat at work, I only had to put it together, drill holes & attach the swivel bases and anchor points to the boat and attach the top, took a couple of hours tops.
The ones for jon boats should come with swivel bases that will bolt to the gunwale.

Nice post huntinfool.
I just wanted to add that.
I don't use photobucket so you can take them right from your computer once they are resized,if you like.
(1)Just hit the browse box,just below where you type your post,
(2)find the resized picture(where it's at on your computer)
(3)click on it(open)
(4)hit the add the file box...just below browse
(5)then a place inline box will appear(I think thats how it's worded),I use that
(6)you can preveiw it before posting,to see how it looks

I just put a bimini top on my boat, bought it at cabelas. All you have to do is drill some holes in top rail and screw it on.

I found that in my camera itself I could shrink the size of the picture.

Latest posts