MY FIRST BOAT!!!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AlumaDude

Reaction score
Just bought my first boat TODAY!!! Haven't even drug it home yet, but I will on Wednesday. Needs a SERIOUS cleaning, and a good buff on the Green, but it should make a good first boat. Its a 1977 Lowe 14' ridin on (an equally old and rickity) '77 Dilly split trailer. 6hp Johnson 2stroker, MinKota Troller, and a Humminbird depth/fishfinder (set up for portability for now). Wife thinks I'm gonna drown, what do ya think? I figure I'll just swim to shore with the dogs! HA! Great website by the way. Found it via a YouTube video and joined immediately!Picture 048.jpg

Congrats on the first boat! Very nice looking and from the looks of it it's ready to fish. What are your plans for it?

Welcome!!!

That is one cool boat, I would definitely leave the green, but I would 86 those seats! I guess I'm not cool enough to be that retro! :mrgreen:

Man that is one "Nifty" little Boat, Was mine I would fish it till winter, Get to "know" it, Then if you want, Make your changes this winter!!
Naww you arent going to Drown, Wife probably just wanted a sewing Machine or something instead of a Boat!! Take the dogs and go Fishing!! =D>

Got the boat home yesterday with only one catastrophic tire failure on the old trailer. Nothing damaged, but it took me 2 hours to repair it to travel the last 2 miles home. Plans are to clean it, test it on local waters, sell off all unwanted bits (trolling motor, SEATS, etc...) and just use it. I'd like to remove the center seat and make a huge open spot for lounging and comfy dog travel area. I'd like to build a small enclosed cabin for camping. I'm more into exploration, travel and camping, than day long fishing trips (although that is a bonus). Also I will be mounting a larger fuel tank to the bow than the portable 5 gallon it currently has (probably keep that as an emergency spare). More pictures to come.