Which Carpet do I purchase?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bought the gray carpet for mine at Lowe's. Marine-grade carpet at a little over $2 a linear foot. Our Lowe's has two different widths of the same carpet, 12' wide and 6' wide. I went with the 6' wide and it fit great with hardly any waste at all. Granted it's not top-of-the line stuff, but it works for me :)
carpeting when it was in progress:
boat_carpet_bow.JPG

waterwings, im lov'n you rig there, do you have pics of that on the forum here? for PBW, the is actually a website www.boatcarpet.com out there thats were i ordered mine. you may want to chk it out as another option.

Waterwings said:
I bought the gray carpet for mine at Lowe's. Marine-grade carpet at a little over $2 a linear foot. Our Lowe's has two different widths of the same carpet, 12' wide and 6' wide. I went with the 6' wide and it fit great with hardly any waste at all. Granted it's not top-of-the line stuff, but it works for me :)
carpeting when it was in progress:
boat_carpet_bow.JPG

Is this stuff in the back of the store on the big carpet drums?

Is this stuff in the back of the store on the big carpet drums?/quote]

yep :)

My rig is 16' long, but I bought 20' of the carpet, which gave me enough to cover the decks, inside hull, and the 60" storage box on the port side, and I had close to 3' left over. I glued the carpet (Henry 663 Outdoor glue from Lowe's) first, let it set awhile, then used a sharp utility razor kinfe to cut around the seat pedastal bases on the deck, and the front deck storage lid. I also used an 1/8" serrated/notched trowel to spread the glue. I bought a gallon and only used about 1/2 of of it.

im lov'n you rig there, do you have pics of that on the forum here?

thanks :) , there's some in my gallery folder for the Lowe boat

Latest posts