whats up guys

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hondatrailrider

Reaction score
hey guys, just figured i'd register to your great website and tell you that I'm going to buy a 1032 Jon boat tomorrow night. I've read some of the posts online about the 1032 and there has been some negative feedback on the boat but I'm going to get it anyway because I am a young man(not to much expendable income) and am tired of fishing off the shore, haha. Also going to get a great buy. thanks for the info mates hope to talk to you soon, peace

Hey!

Welcome aboard. You are going to be real happy with your new boat. Theres nothing wrong at all with a 1032- just keep her light and keep the center of gravity low. You are going to catch just as many fish out of that boat as the guy in the shiny new 22 foot Xpress.

The Guys on this board are great, thers alot of excellent information here.

Congrats on your new boat.
A 1036 will work, just know your limitations.
Small protected water only, dont over-load, and be safe.
When the weather is in doubt, dont launch.

I remember being young,going to my neighbors duck pond,taking a old leaky wooden skiff and fishing all day,between the bailing.Those were some memories,some better then others.
You will do fine in that boat,just try to use common sense.Which can be hard at times,even when you get older.
Welcome to the site.

When Wildman and I started hunting Granger together we used a 10 and 12 footer. They were old, leaky, ugly trolling motor driven tubs; but we had a BLAST on the river. And, we had the only boats so we were kings every time we had a big hunt. I guess it's true what they say: In a kingdom full of blind people, the man with one eye is King!

You can enjoy a 10 footer. Just understand it's limitations, if you don't you will learn them real quick!

Welcome and congrats on the tin. We had a 1032 and we fished the heck out of it. I remember some of the best day's fishing were in that boat way back where the big boats couldn't get. In one place we were catching 5-6lbs. bass all day in this deep ditch that ran near the bank. We caught them on jointed Rapala's. I still remember it like it was yesterday. (and trust me when I say it was probably close to 30 years ago)

Know the limitations of the boat and you will do fine. Start posting pics.

If you get a minute look at our 1032 now...it grew to a 1052! It's in my signature.

Latest posts