economical priced jon boat - 16' to 18'

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

caver101

Reaction score
My deal on a used 1648 with 40hp fell though and I can not locate another used jon in that size range to save my life (thats not WAY overpriced). I guess my quest has now changed to locate a new 1648, 1652, or heck even a 18 footer if the deal is right.

Who makes the most "bang for your buck" on jons? Revited is fine and I don't mind driving a good ways to pick one up if the deal is good.

Anybody know of any bankruptcy/repo wholesalers? Lots of boat dealers closing down in this tough economy.

A brand that caught my eye was "Waco Boats" on boattrader.com. Of course there is lowe, g3, ect.... Lots of brands, but who has the best price???

I did a ton of searching for boats... the only other place that I found was in North Augusta, SC for Alumcraft boats. He had the biggest selection at the time I was looking, and he is probably the most honest guy I've talked to.
I just checked his website - and he may be under... now might be a good time to call him to see if he's got anything

contact David Annis at

Belvedere Marine
944 Atomic Road
North Augusta, SC 29841
Phone: 803-278-3933
Toll-Free: 877-279-7474

I spent about 30 minutes on the phone with a salesman from Backwoods (heck of a nice guy too). All of their boats are 100% welded and cheaper than I can find a rivited boat of the same size for.

I will call the other place shortly and see whats going on.

I also talked to Backwoods.. and the main reason was because of the all welded boats and price. You won't beat their price. I talked to a few duck hunters who own their boats and they love them.

Where are you at in North GA? I fish up at Carter's ReReg ALOT. If you're close and want to wet a line sometime, let me know. When I get my motor for my boat, I'm going to venture up to Blue Ridge and learn it

Fish the little lake eh?

You would not by chance have talked to a goose hunter over there a few weeks ago that scared the crap out of you when his 12ga ground checked two geese that landed on his decoys would you?? LOL

LOL, yea that was me in the little 1432 jon!!

Small world!! I looked around the web trying to find you after that morning. You were a member of some jon boat fishing club, no??

I have to move out of that little boat. For one person hunting out of it its fine, but for two hunters or on big water it sucks. Need more room for stripe fishing on the river too.

Cool deal!

the jon boat trail I run is Bass Anglers of North Georgia (BANG). We run most of our tournament talk on GON.com in the tournament section. Our website is https://www.bassanglersofnorthgeorgia.com.

We've got our Classic planned for Oct 3rd, then we're done for the season until next year. Probably gonna start back up around the end of deer season and end earlier too because all of our guys except for me deer hunt.

Sounds good Russ. I go by the same name on GON as well.

When I get a new boat I will try to fish a couple local tournaments with yall. Looking like a 1652 with 20hp 4stroke....just need a little more $$$$

Jason
[email protected]

russ010 said:
I did a ton of searching for boats... the only other place that I found was in North Augusta, SC for Alumcraft boats. He had the biggest selection at the time I was looking, and he is probably the most honest guy I've talked to.
I just checked his website - and he may be under... now might be a good time to call him to see if he's got anything

contact David Annis at

Belvedere Marine
944 Atomic Road
North Augusta, SC 29841
Phone: 803-278-3933
Toll-Free: 877-279-7474

I have a buddy that lives in Edgefield, SC. I ask him about it. This is what he had to say:

Dad rides by there everyday, so I asked him about it. He said the place was not open. The guy that was in charge of the maintance has opend his own shop. He isn't selling anything just fixing. and the guy that ran the store is working at Augusta marine.

Try doing a search on craigslist with www.searchtempest.com You can search within whatever radius from your place you are willing to drive.
Like I noted in a post a week or so ago, if you are willing to make a drive, you can find some steals on boats.

Latest posts