beat-up 1650 jon boat

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
600 bucks for a leaking boat & trailer w/no outboard or TM? I know that would be to much for me to put into it but It is a cool looking boat.

Man boats must go for a lot more up in MN than down here in TN. Seen this one today

https://tricities.craigslist.org/boa/1395526622.html

or this one

https://tricities.craigslist.org/boa/1395526622.html

I've been looking a lot on Craig's List and I guess boats are expensive here. Actually I think it's the jon boats that are expensive. As fishing boats, jons aren't as popular as they must be in the south and east. In MN you can get lots of 12' round or v-bottom boats for cheap. I was talking to my brother about this a couple of days ago. The new boat dealers don't carry as many jon boats as you may be used to in TN. And, because we are the "Land of 10,000 Lakes" maybe people here don't fish the rivers the way people in the south and east do. I have noticed that the jon boats that do come up for sale generally have a higher price than a comparable round bottom of the same length. Duck hunters do use them here but again, I see as many round bottom boats listed as duck boats as I do jons. If I was to make a guess I would say that on Craig's List at any given time the round or v-bottom boats outnumber the jon boats at least by 25:1. I spent some time today looking for new boats and most of the better quality welded jons don't even have dealers in MN. I looked at Allweld, Excel, Weld Craft and several others that didn't have any dealers in MN. Lund, Crestliner and Alumacraft all build boats in MN so they are pretty easy to come by but several of the brands I see people talking about on Tinboats aren't sold here. I guess it's a regional thing. And maybe that's true of fishing styles too. Maybe all the lakes here just seem to make the round or v-bottoms somehow better. I don't get it. It is a drag for someone like me who specifically wants a jon. I might have to drive to MO for one I have been looking at.

As for the one I cited above, it's a strange looking thing and I have never seen that design before. And you're right, it's a lot of dough for a fixer upper that needs that much fixing upping...

Kinda funny thatyou have a hard time finding jons up there but semi-vs are a dime a dozen when it is just the opposite down south. For every 100 jons for sale here, you find one semi-v. Regional differences in boat preferences!
Anyway, you could get a 16' jon with motor and trailer here for $600 and it would not need a pile of work. Driving a day to get a boat might be worth the gas money and scenery you will see on the way there and back.

thudpucker said:
I'd put my name it with a counter offer for Boat and Trailer for $350.
But then Fixer-upper's are all I've ever had. I'm not afraid of them. :roll:
for sure. maybe go see it with $400 cash in your hand. If I was that guy I would be hard pressed to NOT let you pull that thing out of my back yard If yo uhad 4 large ones in your hand....

might be a go see it and leave him your phone number deal....

Down here in lower Al that boat would go for less than 150.00 w/trailer. I love tin boats as I can tig and fix them for cheap. That boat would make a good flounder boat for use in the coastal shallows.

Frank

Latest posts