Anchormate

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FishingCop

Reaction score
Got a 15 lb, rubber-coated mushroom type anchor. Don't anchor very often, but sometimes it's real handy.

Been looking at Anchormates, which are rated for 12lbs max. Anchormate II's are rated for 18lbs (if I remember right).

For the sake of only 3 lbs more, do you think an regular anchormate would be okay for the 15lb anchor? Anyone have/use one?

Any other thoughts on other brands, etc?

Oh yeah, boat is a 16.5 Spectrum Sport Deep V, rated at 665 lbs w/ 5 persons.

Thanks.

I've thought about getting an Anchormate or something similar for my 16' Lowe jon, and decided against it. I keep a 12lb mushroom anchor onboard and it's not much trouble to lower/raise it by hand. The deepest water I anchor in is 20'-23', which is not that often, and the shallowest would be about 8" (under the transducer). On my boat, which has a pointed bow, it would be in my way, but a friend of mine has one on his 16' jon, which has a flat bow it's okay. However he has health problems and the electric winch is real handy for him.

https://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=10151&catalogId=10001&langId=-1&partNumber=82165&hvarTarget=search&cmCat=SearchResults

I use one of these on my boat to lift a 12lb river anchor. It holds the anchor in place and drops it when needed. Its all metal except for the pulley. it seems to be holding up pretty well.

Latest posts