Anchormate

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FishingCop

Reaction score
Got a 15 lb, rubber-coated mushroom type anchor. Don't anchor very often, but sometimes it's real handy.

Been looking at Anchormates, which are rated for 12lbs max. Anchormate II's are rated for 18lbs (if I remember right).

For the sake of only 3 lbs more, do you think an regular anchormate would be okay for the 15lb anchor? Anyone have/use one?

Any other thoughts on other brands, etc?

Oh yeah, boat is a 16.5 Spectrum Sport Deep V, rated at 665 lbs w/ 5 persons.

Thanks.

I've thought about getting an Anchormate or something similar for my 16' Lowe jon, and decided against it. I keep a 12lb mushroom anchor onboard and it's not much trouble to lower/raise it by hand. The deepest water I anchor in is 20'-23', which is not that often, and the shallowest would be about 8" (under the transducer). On my boat, which has a pointed bow, it would be in my way, but a friend of mine has one on his 16' jon, which has a flat bow it's okay. However he has health problems and the electric winch is real handy for him.

https://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=10151&catalogId=10001&langId=-1&partNumber=82165&hvarTarget=search&cmCat=SearchResults

I use one of these on my boat to lift a 12lb river anchor. It holds the anchor in place and drops it when needed. Its all metal except for the pulley. it seems to be holding up pretty well.