Lowe 1448m

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zr7cat

Reaction score
Well after being a member on this site for a few weeks now and reading alot of information, and going and looking at more than a few jon boats, I decided to go with a Lowe 1448m for my project boat. I called Cabellas and they are going to recieve thier new 2010 boats around Jan 1. He gave me a quote of $1589 for the 1448M. I like the modified v style. $700 for a trailer. I just sold my old 12 v bottom last week. So now I have time to save a few bucks until Jan. I am going to put on a 15hp or 20hp tiller motor. Should be a good project this winter, and she should be done by spring. I will get some pics on when I go get her and put it in the garage. Thanks .

Lowe is a good boat, you will be happy with it.
I run an 18 NIssan 2stroke on my SeaNymph/Lowe 1440M. The 18 runs my boat about 20 mph under load. Not much hp to spare.
Based on my experience if I was going to power a 1448M, I would max it out & get a 25 2 stroke.

I have been considering a Tohatsu 20 hp 4 stroke, When the time comes I will be looking for a nice used 20 to 25 horse 2 stroke for sure, and see if I can find something nice. I am going to be building this boat from the ground up so I might just want to stick with a brand new motor, will see. Cant wait to get it and start modding her up!!

One other thing guys, this boat can have a 15" or 20" transom, which would be better and what is the advantage over one or the other. Thanks

Can't really give an opinion on the transom height, but just wanted to say that I think you will be very happy with your choice. Lowes make a great boat (not as nice as an Alumacraft mind you.... just kidding :) ) and the 48" width will be plenty stable for whatever mods you decide to go with.

I prefer a 20" transom. It gives you a little more freeboard. This was a huge issue with my 1448 and a four stroke. Also it's a little more boat for mods :D

I have no proof to back this up, but in my opinion long shaft motors are more plentiful if your thinking about buying a used one.

zr7cat hello
caveman here and when i was going to get my new boat i also was getting a 1448m.After calling the dealer and quote i went to get it and when i got their they didn't have a 1448m . All they had was l1648m i was mad as well you know after a hour drive how you would feel.So got in my truck and left,well after a few miles i turned around ,long story short i got the l1648m and i am so glad that there was no 1448m at the dealer.The cost was not that much more in the long run but at the time i felt it was but you get what you pay for.Just my 2cents.

Latest posts