the pro 120 fishing boat

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

basschamp

Reaction score
i have been looking at the pro 120 fishing boat for small lakes and ponds. does anyone have any expirience with this boat? what are your likes and dislikes? thanks

Are you talking about the Sun Dolphin pro 120?

If so, you can get a nice used tinboat for that price (Cabelas $2089 or $2899 w/trailer).

I'm not knocking plastic boats. I have owned them myself. Your going to be very limited as to what you can modify on it.

After a couple of years, the decks on those start to warp and it is very difficult to change them. The boats themselves will also fill up with water...This always happens. The plastic also tends to crack where you connect it to a trailer. I would skip that one and the other one that looks like that. If you really want a plastic one go with the big Bass Hunter. But again those tend to fill with water after awhile.

I have one so I speak from experience.

you could pick up a 13" Gheenoe also. Very stable and you can put it in ponds or lakes with no problems.

hey jim, im fine with turning the boat over and dumping the water, but when you say crack do you mean like wholes in the boat or dents? also if i loaded it into a pick up i think that would reduce the cracks i think.

basschamp said:
hey jim, im fine with turning the boat over and dumping the water, but when you say crack do you mean like wholes in the boat or dents? also if i loaded it into a pick up i think that would reduce the cracks i think.

Crack cracks not dents. Dents are fine, they shore character LOL! They happen right around the inside framing. The dolphin you will not be able to lift in and out of the pickup. It is a v type boat and it weighs a ton. The Basshunter type pontoons can be put in a pickup but you will need two people. It can be done with one, but its a Pain. I never used mine alone just for that reason.

The Basshunter type boats are really a lower shell and an upper shell filled with flotation foam. After good usage you will notice that it is easier to unload, and then after loading it weighs a bunch more. On mine I had no idea where the water was getting in. I used come clear caulk and went over all the seams underneath and it seems to have worked.

I have a pelican 10e. It leaks somewhere. Its the water inside the boat that is hard to drain. I bought it because I am not allowed to use a kayak on this large pond I fish. It gets so heavy that two people struggle to lift it in the truck. I tin boat would be better. Soon I may not be able to fish that pond at all because some kids flipped their john boat, so all boats may be outlawed. It sure it getting hard to find places to fish thanks to all the sue happy people out there.

hey jim i was looking at the coleman crawdads and i think i have been on one before, and i remember that it was verry tippy. Do you recall how stable the pro 120 is? thanks

Latest posts