Getting deck down with carpet?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zr7cat

Reaction score
I have been trying to figure this out now for awhile, When you get your deck carpeted how do you get it mounted down to your bracing. I never see any screws in the carpet, like it should be I guess. Do you glue it down? Not sure on this one, Thanks for the help. I like this guys front decking on his 1448m, thats what I am going to be getting.

Attachments

• tn_IMG_0828.jpg
    tn_IMG_0828.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 633
zr7cat said:
I have been trying to figure this out now for awhile, When you get your deck carpeted how do you get it mounted down to your bracing. I never see any screws in the carpet, like it should be I guess. Do you glue it down? Not sure on this one, Thanks for the help. I like this guys front decking on his 1448m, thats what I am going to be getting.

when we did my buddies we screwed the decking down with wood screws. The screw head simply buried itself in the carpet.

I think what Dan said is the norm, the screw heads disappear. I had to remove some screws from a carpeted bunk on my trailer, and it took me several minutes to find all the screw heads. They were completely hidden.

I wanted my decking to be easily removed, so I ended up putting washers under the screw heads so I could see them, otherwise I wouldn't have been able to find them because they really do bury themselves into carpet.

Latest posts