Advice needed......

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bumblebee

Reaction score
I've recently acquired a 2000 Evinrude 15hp 4 stroke. Now I need a boat and trailer for it. I'm thinking about maybe setting up a fishing/duck hunting rig with it.

What boat would you consider if you were doing this?

Thanks

Bumblebee said:
I've recently acquired a 2000 Evinrude 15hp 4 stroke. Now I need a boat and trailer for it. I'm thinking about maybe setting up a fishing/duck hunting rig with it.

What boat would you consider if you were doing this?

Thanks

1436 jon boat if your going to duck hunt out of it and the rude is a short shaft.

For duck hunting from a boat blind, nothing short of a 1448. 1436 is to narrow to be standing to shoot, especially for 2 guys.
I hunt out of a SeaNymph/lowe 1440M, it is fine with just me. But with two guys shooting, it is a little to narrow, could use more room and stability. Do-able, but I'm constantly wishing for a wider boat. It may not see like much, but the difference between a 1440 and a 1448 is night & day.

Learn from my error, buy a 1448.

If you hunt calm, sheltered water, a flat bottom jon will do. If it gets a little choppy, get a mod-v.

Latest posts