trolling motor mount

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nashua fisherman

Reaction score
hello. im new. this is my first post.
anyways, ide like to mount a transom mount trolling motor on the front of my 10 jon boat. is there a comercialy available mount that wont look like a cobled up peice of junk? im pretty mechanicly inclined but havent liked any of the homemade ones ive seen online, not that ive seen many. ide like to get it right before i drill anymore holes in my boat. ide also like to keep the boat as light as possable. heres what ive got now. its a 1029 grumman. paid $200 for it. thanks in advance. great websight.---tom

Attachments

• new boat 001.JPG
    new boat 001.JPG
    137.5 KB · Views: 643
Welcome to the site.
If your thinking a transom mount I don't think you need any bracket,it should just fit right on.A bow mount may need a mount,you can but them at cabelas,bass pro or alot of other places.You can also make your own,there should be lots of ideas here.

ide like to mount a transom mount trolling motor on the front.
pictures would be great if you know of any homemade. the ones they sell at cabella's and bass pro slide in the front handle and from what ive heard arent any good. im thinking of two peices of angle iron with a peice of 2"x6" sandwiched inbetween but it wont be pretty.

Sorry didn't read your first post correctly.
Just type in the search engine(top of page)transom to bow mount trolling motor or something like that,I came up with 77 hits.Heres one:
https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=6493&hilit=transom+mount+trolling+motor+on+bow
I'm sure there lots of other ideas.

Latest posts