New Member with 1st Boat - 16' Sea Nymph

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dominic

Reaction score
1st off this has to be the very best website i have ever seen!!!!!Thank you all for all your hard work and eagerness to help out us newbies!!!!

My gramma and grandpa gave me this 16' Sea Nymph with trailor and a 25 h.p. Evinrude motor, Grandpa even put a Zercom Marine LPG 2000 fish finder on it for me!!!!! nice...
This boat has endless things that i can do with it but after reading this website over the last week and a half Ive decided to hold off on the mod till this winter so i can get it in the water and get some fishing in- and to learn the boat a little - now as usual as a newbie and this being my 1st boat i have lots of questions - but wont get into all of them just yet.
But the left side has a lot of dents in it (looks like from hitting the guard on the trailor when docking it - not being careful) but can u pound those out or just replace the whole panel or something?
this is 4th time i wrote out this post - everytime i try to upload a pic it crashes on me, and have to start all over so not gonna do pic this time to see if it will work

Welcome. Can't blame you for holding off on the mods. Some of my best fishing comes in the fall. Get her out there and get a feel for her, and maybe catch a few fish in between :mrgreen: .

Yes Yes - Im very lucky i live 10 minutes away from Lake Erie - Good Fishing!!!

But not understanding why I cant upload photos???

Welcome to Tinboats. Sounds like you are well on your way with your new ride. Lots of good resources available here. I look forward to seeing pics of your boat. If your looking to post pics, try using a hosting site like photobucket.com. Upload your pics there and then add your link to the post.

Good lookin' ride. If you want the pics to show up on the board, hold the mouse over the pic in photobucket. A drop down menu will come up, the copy the IMG code, then paste it into your post.

LOL well i dont know nothing about photobucket but i just clicked on it and i see pictures hehehe
the casting deck in front is ghetto rigged - its a piece of scrap plywood with a left over piece of outdoor carpet on it and just lays across the 2 benches - 5 lifejackets and the battery is underneath it - but what do u think? there are a lot of possibilitys for this boat i do believe!

Looks like its got lots O' potential to me. My dad's buddy has a 16' sea nymph that he had me out in last year. Had some storage down the sides with a nice livewell and such. The make up of that boat has been largely what I have based my mod on. Good luck with the build!

Nice tinny, we live in the same neck of the woods. We also both have Sea Nymphs, mine is a 16.5. Send me a message sometime and maybe we can go after some perch or night-bite walleye....OLJ

my grandpa put in the jackplate - for the longshaft motor that is on it - he told me i can take it off if i wanna get a short shaft though - i have another prob - the trailor was never registered - it didnt come with the boat originally - grandpa said he just used 1 trailor plate for all his boats - just switched them around when he needed to take it somewhere - so question is - how do i plate the trailor?

from what I've just read on other sites, all you need to do is have your trailer weighed (check truck stations, feed stores, etc.). Get your grampa to write you a bill of sale (I'm sure you can just have it hand written on a piece of paper). I think the weight slip is all you're gonna need. If I find anything different I'll let you know

This is off of their DMV website...

Q32.
What are the procedures for titling and registering trailers in Ohio?
A32.
All Travel Trailers are titled in Ohio at any county title office with proof of ownership, application, fees and taxes. If the Travel Trailer is on a non-Ohio title, you must first obtain an Ohio out of state VIN verification at any Deputy Registrar's office. If the trailer is not a travel trailer and weighs 4,000 pounds or less, you must obtain a weight slip on the trailer and then take that and proof of ownership to your Deputy Registrar's office and apply for plates and registration. If the trailer weighs 4,001 pounds or more, you would take proof of ownership and apply for Ohio title at any county title office.

After reading this, just get a Bill of Sale and get it weighed somewhere... I'm going to attach a word document that I made as a general Bill of Sale.. it might help. If you can't find the vin, don't sweat it...

View attachment BILL OF SALE BLANK.doc

nah bud - whatever I can do to help. I know what it's like when you don't know which direction to turn.. luckily, I've dealt with what you are going through twice now in the last 2 years with both of my boats

Latest posts