Recessed foot control question - and livewell question

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wasilvers

Reaction score
As I plan my future boat mods in my head I keep getting stuck on the recessed foot control for the trolling motor and where to put my livewell.

I do not stand while fishing - well much anyway, I spend most of the time sitting in a cusioned chair casting away. When I have stood up, I can see how a recessed foot control would be nice. But would it work while sitting too? I'm not sure what to do. How many of you who have a recessed foot control and sit while fishing? Is it as easy to use as when it is just sitting on the deck? Right now, mine is just screwed into the deck in front.

And livewell question, Currently my livewell and battery are on the side of the boat opposite the driver and fuel. This works great when I fish by myself as I can fill it and 'balance' the boat. When I carry a passenger and have fish in the livewell, I have to get them to sit on the front deck to balance the load of me and fuel on one side. And the weight up front makes the boat ride really nice. I'm tempted to put the livewell up by the front deck. Are there any issues with this that I'm missing? I can move the fuel to the passenger side to help offset my weight, but I guess I'm just afraid I'll have other problems with that much weight in the front of the boat.

Might help to descibe the boat, 16 footer - 5 1/2 feet across the top- 50 hp motor - power trim - console on right side - no offical passenger seat (yet) - the boat in my profile pic. The floor is getting soft in places and I'd like to redo it and adjust the layout (just because)

Thanks for any advice.

Will

Latest posts