Setting boat off the trailer...

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CrewCabMax

Reaction score
I have to take my 17' V bottom boat off of the trailer to work on it over the winter. My trialer is too long to fit into my garage. What can i do to keep the boat setting stable enough to be in it to work. The back is pretty flat, so i can just set it on a 4x4, but how can i support the front V part?? Did you guy make soemthing?? If so, do you ahve any picks or plans? Would it work on to run a couple 4x4's stacked on top of each other long ways on both sides... like bunks on trailer?? Would i have to have support under the front?? Any ideas would be great! Thanks

Got any pics of the boat to post? If it were me, and there was a way to get the boat off the trailer w/o damage, I'd build a tempoaray skid (to match the hull shape) with carpeted "cradles" to sit on. I'd have a length-wise 4x4 or something to that effect to rest the keel on (for fore & aft support), and have the rear bottom/front hull side supports coming off of that. You could use some stiff cardboard to make a template of the hull shape and then transfer that design to some wood. We built a couple (many years ago) for two 26' fiberglass motor whaleboats that we carried on my first ship, but we had cranes and the tools/mat'l to work with then.

Latest posts