Removing old Paint ???

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okielawman28

Reaction score
I have gotten some wire wheels that were 2 bucks each at a store here locally and have been using them in a cordless drill.

Well it is very slow and does not take this particular paint off. I think it was painted with a good paint and it is not coming off to easy.

I thought about chemical stripper but I dont want it getting into my seams that are already there, I dont want it to eat away at the sealant that is there already.

I think I may need to step up to an angle grinder with some more power behind it, more rpm's. I think this would work better.

What do yall think.

Chris

I used TSP from home depot, it took three coats of paint off my 10' 8)

just a bucket, a masonry spundge, and the right mixture of TSP powder and water and the paint came right off

I hand scraped mine first using a 2" paint scraper from sherman williams to get the majority of the paint off, then went back over it with a drill and 2" wire wheel to get the rest off. Still somewhat tedious, but i wasn't too fond of using the stripper either.

Latest posts