Sea Board ?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okielawman28

Reaction score
Has anyone ever heard or seen anything called Sea Board.

I was thinking of somthing different to make my transom out of rather than wood and called some places that made polymers and plastics and stuff. They told me about a product used in saltwater boats that came in 1/2 thick sheets as big as plywood.

They said the stuff wont rot and is resistent to sun light.

Anyways I was just wondering if anyone has see, or perhaps even used this stuff.

Thanks

Chris

I used a product called Sintra on my boat. Its a PVC material that comes in sheets of 4'x8' and in various thicknesses. At about $120/sheet for 1/2", it's pretty expensive. I decided to use it because I thought this would be my last boat and I wanted it to last forever (ha! - after a year I am already looking for a bigger boat), and because it's lightweight. I used 1/2" for my floor and deck parts. It machines well - table saw, saber saw and router. It didn't seem to have any ill effects from carpet glue or fuel spills. I m not sure how it would hold up to being crushed by the motor mounts, if that's the right way to say it. It seems pretty dense, but that is one aspect of the material I have not really any experience with.

I have seen the Starboard sold through Cabela's and it's way more expensive there. I bought the Sintra through a local plastics (Plexiglass) dealer and saved some $ in the process. If you haven't seen the product first-hand PM me and if I can find a scrap I'll send it to you. Also, huntinfool was considering using this too, but I don't know what he decided.

Latest posts