TM question???

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CarlF

Reaction score
Posted this on the electrical page but aint getting much response, so here it is again:

I've got an old TM, probably 25 years old. The cable from the controller head to the battery is completely disintegrated, insulation is gone, bare wires. Good part is that when I opened up the controller head to remove the wire, inside the head looks brand new inside! I guess being sealed all these years kept any bad stuff from getting inside.
Anyway, what is the best wire to use as a replacement? I am thinking maybe cables from an auto shop or even an old set of jumper cables?

I dont have a need for it anymore, probably going to sell it.
With a new cable, what is an old TM worth these days? Its 36 lb thrust.

I would use atleast 10ga wire... For a trolling motor, actual Marine wire is probably your best route to go - especially if you're going to sell it. (https://www.genuinedealz.com)

As far as price - with the age of it, you might be able to get $50-75 for it. You might even get more if it's a foot control...

If it's a hand control, you might get $40-50... you can get that same thrust for about $100 new.

Latest posts