Leak Help

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GOSKN5

Reaction score
Well, I have a leak in my boat... the last three times I have been out I probably took on between an inch and three inches of water in the back of the boat only...( I stand in the back so most of the weight is there).....

today I filled the boat up with water to check for leaks.... and I found two places that were dripping... but only a little bit... like in 30 minutes they dripped maybe 5 times each... my question is do you think those places could be the cause of the water getting into the boat?? It didnt seem like enough was escaping to allow that much to enter...

Does more water generally come in than goes out with leaks?? One was around the drain plug and one was around a rivet in the bottom?? Also, it seems to leak more when I run my gas motor....

thanks for the help...

More comes in then goes out - fix those two spots and i bet you see a big improvement. Do a search for leaks on this forum for more ideas (upper right corner is the search feature)

oh yeah, let us know if you fix them please

...Also, it seems to leak more when I run my gas motor....

Sometimes, on boats running outboards, that get some speed going and a bow wake in the front, water will enter through the top rail (gunwales) and run down into the interior of the boat where the gunwale meets the hull. Does you rig have a top rail/gunwale cap? I've read where some folks who have had that problem used clear silicone caulk along the underside of the top cap meets the hull and it solved that problem. Just a thought.

Latest posts