Speedometer and Battery Gauge

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BottomDweller

Reaction score
For kicks, has anybody here installed a speedometer or battery gauge on their jon? I think they might be a cool addition for a mod. I thought about installing a radio, a battery gauge, and a speedometer on a center console piece under my second bench seat after I complete the rest of my mod.

I like the battery gauge idea! =D> =D>

Speedometer is on the GPS so no need for me to install another - I just wish it woudl go above 115 mph :p

I installed a battery gauge on my boat. I looked for a while and they are kind of expensive. I paid about $35 for mine. I think it was a good idea just to know the battery status. My outboard charges the battery so maybe it isn't as critical as it otherwise might be but having accidentally switched a light on and drained the battery, I was able to know right away what had happened. I don't use the TM as much as I will as my skills develop and then I'll be glad to know how much battery is left. I don't have a speedo and would like one. My Humminbird isn't capable and I don't want to spend the $ right now to get a different finder. I do as much trolling as casting and would like to know how fast I am going.

console.jpg

bobberboy said:
My Humminbird isn't capable and I don't want to spend the $ right now to get a different finder. I do as much trolling as casting and would like to know how fast I am going.

Check around at pawn shops. You will probably be able to find a hand held GPS for not much more then a speedometer. Along with speed it will also give you trails that you can use to troll over the same path or set a waypoint at the launch when you go out on a twisty-curvy type lake or at night.

I find the pitot style speedometers are pretty innacurate and useless. Get either a GPS or a paddle wheel speedometer for your fish finder.
Battery gauge is a cool idea, dont have one on mine.

Latest posts