Anyone have a way to contact fishmatepro livewells?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dyeguy1212

Reaction score
I ordered a livewell in August. I called 2 days ago to cancel my order and Dan the owner was all pissed off and saying he wanted to quit the business but he had too much money tied up in it. He said he'd email me with my cancellation order.

2 days later, their site is gone and their phone rings off the hook.

Basically they fell off the face of the earth and I'm out a couple hundred bucks.

Anyone have a way to contact them?
or
Anyone know how to go about reporting this and getting my money back?

I just tried everything I had to get a hold of them... no such luck. Maybe he will respond to my email. I'll keep ya posted.

I still don't have my livewell I ordered June 9. If he's outta business, I'm out $300.

I went and did a "live chat" with cabelas... testing my detective skills...

Mandy: Hi, my name is Mandy. How may I help you?
Russ Edwards: I was looking to order a Fishmate Pro Livewell from you, but when I went to the manufacturers website to get more information, the website is down and they are not answering calls. Are they still in business?
Mandy: I am going to transfer you to someone who will assist you with your technical questions.

Russ Edwards: ok
Larry has joined the chat.
Mandy has left the chat.
Larry: Morning Russ
Russ Edwards: morning. Can you see my question from up above?
Larry: let me take a look
Larry: ye s
Larry: they are still in biz..
Larry: but the web site is under construction

Just got an email back from Dan. They are still in business, the website is being worked on.

He told me that they are still way behind due to all of the flooding and all that went on a while back.

In honesty, I think since they have jumped on board with Cabelas, they are getting slammed and they probably have time committments to uphold which is not unusual. Not to mention all of the business they get when they put their livewells on sale (like when I got mine).

Don't worry man, they are still out there. They don't have a very large crew (no outsourcing) doing the work so it doesn't take long to get behind. When you want a product bad enough, I guess sometimes you have to be patient to get the best product out there... I know waiting sucks, but I priced having a livewell like this made for me by a friend who owns a manufacturing business, and he said he couldn't build it for less than what I got it for.

cool glad to hear you got a hold of him.. I tried 2 different emails I found online and haven't heard from either of them.

I'd love to get the livewell.. but thats the problem.. I can GET it. I ordered in August, and I've been told it was ready to ship, then I was told it was ready but the hinges were on back order, and then its all a blurr, so I give up.

I don't care how busy a guy gets with whatever obligations he has, if I give you 300 bucks, you better act like I'm pretty **** important you know?

Thanks for the update Russ

I hear ya man... that $300 was burning me for a while too, especially when I tried calling with no response and the website being down.

I think they really need our prayers right now more than anything... business is way behind and I'm sure today's economy is not helping any

oh yea.. I just looked at the new address, and the livewell I bought is now $20 cheaper (on sale again) than when I bought it on sale 5 months ago

Yeah I feel for the guy right now, but prior to the medical problems and whatever else, they really have no excuse for blowing me off so many times. One returned call easily could have avoided all of this, but I guess its not my business so I'll keep my advice to myself..

i do but he does not call or email back , i order a tank 7 months ago and paid for ,still no tank for me dan has more bs storys
so my next step is maybe legal action i filled compaint with iowa attorney general , they have a long list of complaints about dan and dave . so if anyone has any good info to help me get my tank please let me know , maybe if we all call the iowa attn general or the better business bureau
thanks
randy

dyeguy1212 said:
This thread is ancient, but there have been a few recent ones popping up. Search in the top right and get ahold of some of the thread starters.
will try that ,still no tank his web page is shut down and the toll free telphone number is disconected
well i will have to go ice fishing then maybe with some luck i may have the tank or my cash back by spring
randy

smithbuster said:
russ010 said:
https://www.fishmatepro.com/Livewells.php
his emails are all blocked and same with phone
his web page says he is shut down

His site is back up and running... He's again taking orders. Seems like instead of making good with all of you and fixing the problems, he finds it easier to just drop off the map for a while, then again restart. People like this deserve to spend a while behind bars for screwing people out of their hard earned dough.

Latest posts