Any body ever fool with a 1228

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gunny146

Reaction score
I have a 1228 I'm working on. I was wondering if anyone here has ever fooled with one that small. I'm not looking to do anything crazy, really just want to get some ideas. I want to try mount a foot control on it that can be easily removed for transfer to another boat, and fugure out a seating configuration where I can use the foot control. I only use this boat by my self in ponds. I'll get some pics up soon.

Had one many years ago in my youth. I was a big boy back then and it was very unstable. I rigged up outriggers like the south sea canoes. It was ok then but I swapped it out for a gocart. 8)

Frank

I cant see it being stable enough to be practicle in any situation.
But you can try!

I have a 1230 with low low decks across the bottom just to make it flat across the bottom and a front deck for a foot controled motor. My friend and I fish tournaments out of it just be very carefull and you will be fine.

Broncoxlt said:
I have a 1230 with low low decks across the bottom just to make it flat across the bottom and a front deck for a foot controled motor. My friend and I fish tournaments out of it just be very carefull and you will be fine.

Do you have any pics? Yeah she's pretty tippy, but I plan on setting it up as a one man deal, seat as close to center as I can get while still having access to foot control.

I will get some this weekend. If I am buy myself I can stand and fish but still have to sit down to use the foot controled. I can use the transom mount while standing.

thanks for the the pics, I was actually thinking of doing the front deck like that, over the top. Where you at in GA?

I had one on a Stump lake in Louisiana. I think I nearly swamped it a couple times.
But it was stable once you learned it was the boss. Running the edge up on a submerged stump was always a shocker.
But it was OK.

What the heck, you've been wet before and your still water proof. Go fishing and enjoy.

oh yeah, no standing authorized in this little girl. I spent some time there in Cullman AL at Ray Bros custom trailers.

Latest posts