Vinyl marine flooring

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deadmeat

Reaction score
Having just bought a new G3 1544LW a couple days ago, I'm getting ready to start the modifications. The Bass Pro Shops catalog shows Marideck vinyl marine flooring as an alternative to marine carpet and says it's easier to maintain than marine carpet and easily installs over wood and metal. Does anyone out there have any experience with this stuff, and if so, what's your opinion of it?

none personal. My buddy's dad replaced his vinyl with carpet because the vinyl got hot in the sun. I was going to do my floor with vinyl but after that info I decided to go with non-skid coating.

Last time in Canada the Lund boats we rented had vinyl on all the plywood surfaces. I was pretty impressed with it. Completely non-skid, and looked like it would be easy to take care of. Can't speak to the heat issue. Temps were in the 70's most of the time.

Covered my front deck with the stuff from Bass Pro last winter and fished in the summer. Wasn't as hot as the bare deck with wood stain. I ordered the sand gray which hides the brown sand from the banks when I board the boat after beaching. If you order it online be prepaired for the long box to be crushed by the UPS man; but has not damdged. I have never installed carpet on a boat before but with some vinyl/carpet glue and staples it went on in a couple of hours. Carpet gets way to drity for a boat that has fish flopping around the deck.

Deadmeat said:
Having just bought a new G3 1544LW a couple days ago, I'm getting ready to start the modifications. The Bass Pro Shops catalog shows Marideck vinyl marine flooring as an alternative to marine carpet and says it's easier to maintain than marine carpet and easily installs over wood and metal. Does anyone out there have any experience with this stuff, and if so, what's your opinion of it?

I have a Friend that works at Bass Pro in Branson Mo. He has it all through his modded 16footer, Likes it, Im going to pull my Carpet out and replace it with the Vinyl before spring, We have a lot of Red Clay banks here!! Hard on Carpet!!

i have never used it but seen alot of boats with it in there alot easier to keep cleean than carpet just take to carwash and spray i was thinking of putting it in my boat or havinf it sprayed with the bedliner stuff

I bought gray vinyl with a pebble finish for mine, but have not put it down yet.

I wanted to be able to just hose and squeegee my boat down.

Coated mine in Durabak, love it. All day in the sun and it is barely warm on the feet, easy to clean and completely non-skid.

Latest posts