Is it big enough?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steve76

Reaction score
I am looking at buying a boat this spring, I will have around $2500 to spend on it. My question is if a 1436 mod v with a 15hp or 10hp be enough boat and motor to put on a large reservoir to crappie fish. I weigh around 200 lbs. and so does my oldest son. Thanks

Sure its big enough. Most of my early life I fished in Puget Sound in boats smaller than that.
You must become a student of the weather.

I now have a 15' Jon/25 Mariner which handles bad water on a resivour. I got caught in a front with a dead motor and I was absolutely amazed at how much water that thing picked up in a driving rain.

It's enough to make a V-bottom tip pretty good if the front seat 200 Pounder leans over far enough to make all that water shift. If it tip's far enough for the gunn'l to go under, the rest of the boat will follow suit. Your gonna get real wet and lose some gear. [-X

That's extreme, but its one of the answers to your question.

PS: After a couple scares, I wear my PFD, and strap my Kill switch on, whenever the boat is moving.

steve76 said:
I am looking at buying a boat this spring, I will have around $2500 to spend on it. My question is if a 1436 mod v with a 15hp or 10hp be enough boat and motor to put on a large reservoir to crappie fish. I weigh around 200 lbs. and so does my oldest son. Thanks

:WELCOME:

Yes it is if you do not plan any crazy modifications (deck, storage) and stuff like that. For sure wear the PFD.

Latest posts