12x36 G3 help

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dabber

Reaction score
Hey everyone it's been along time since I've been on here. Well I had a 14x36 G3 and went crazy with the mods. The whole time I forgot why I bought the boat, we bought it to float our local river. So after making the boat too heavy to fool with on the river I finally sold it. I want to get another boat and keep it stock for floating the river, but I'm concerned about that weight limit. G3 12x36 says it's only good for 470 lbs. Now I know after owning the 14x36 and all the mods we did it still floated fine, but that was on a lake. Does the weight limit include motor/gear or is it the total? I'd really like to get a 12x36 but I want it to be for safe river floating. Mainly will be me and my buddy(total weight 450 lbs) or Me and my wife( I'm not even gonna ask her) Anyways do you guys think it will be ok? Remember this boat will remain stock(NO MODS) for easy carry up and down river banks and will be hauled in the back of my truck.

Thanks,
dabber

I would think it would be ok for floating... I was WAY over the recommended weight capacity in my 1236, and I was going with a paddle through 4" of water with no problem...

One thing you might consider doing is putting steel flex on the bottom of the boat - that sucker will be slick as poo and you'll glide over just about anything with a little push

Latest posts