getting a 12ft vhull, need tips and ideas

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

basschamp

Reaction score
hey, guys i finally decided on a 12ft vhull that i will order so it comes in before the spring so i have some time to modify it. here is a link, https://directboats.com/laker12.html

I have a nice cooler that im going to make into a livewell and modify it so it fits perfectly in the boat( like the ones on bass boats) so that its not out in the open tiping over. I will put some storage compartments, and other cool ideas, but i nedd more ideas from you guys. Thanks.

Other than putting in some lights, a FF and a floor, I dont see to many options for mods on this boat. Dont think it is wide enough for casting decks.

$1200 will buy a shell like that in 14' and possibly 16' off craigslist just about anywhere. Why do you require it to be new?

Good point, I've seen fully rigged boats going for under $2,000, especially if you are in the right part of the country.

Unless you have seen that boat in person I would be a little leary about ordering it sight unseen. It might be cheaply constructed where as for the same money you could get a used quality name brand boat. Also a 14'-16' boat would give you a lot more room and stability.

I put my livewell in the middle bench seat and in my opinion there is no better place for it. I boxed in the sides and fiberglassed it in. Put hinges on the seat for access. I plumbed mine with an auxillary bilge pump to push water in plus there's one inside for aeration. It's not rally a difficult job and it gets the livewell out of the way so you have more room in your boat.
I boxed it in so there was about a foot of space on each side of the well and that is used for storage.
That boat your looking at has full aluminum seats so it would be difficult to do this on that boat. My boat had plywood for seats and it was easy to pop off and then reuse the plywood for the lids.

Latest posts