trolling motor mount

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

basschamp

Reaction score
hi, im modifying my vhull and i want to get a bow foot controled trolling motor like the minnkota edge 40 but my boat doesnt have a mount for it. I have seen some of you guys with your motors and mounts and im wondering how i can make a mount for it or modify the boat somhow, so please som1 help me out on this one! And how exactly do these motor attach on?

I know there are pre-made trolling motor mounts made out of aluminum, that are basically just a raised C channel you bolt to your deck. Since I'm doing a plywood deck, I plan on just using a carpeted block of wood that sets the trolling motor up to the height I need, I can't imagine why that wouldn't work just fine.

EDIT: One like these guys sell should work in a lot of cases, too. https://www.akmccallum.com/store-misc.htm

The easiest thing to do is buy a 3/4" 2'x2' piece of plywood (they sell them at Home Depot) and cut it to fit the front part of your boat then screw it down to the cap of your boat. Make sure the screws are the right length so they seat inside the cap and not all the way through the cap. Then bolt the trolling motor to the board (4 bolts).
This is how I done my boat but I carpeted the plywood to match the deck carpeting. It's held up well.

A better way to do it would be to buy 1/4" diamond plate aluminum and mount it the same way but its going to be a bigger job and cost more $$.

Latest posts