Black carpet for decking

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deadmeat

Reaction score
I just bought a new G3 1544 and will start the modifications on it shortly. I'm going to extend the deck and carpet it with either marine or indoor/outdoor carpet. On my last boat I used indoor/outdoor carpet and it still looked good when I sold it 16 years later, but this time I'm thinking of going with marine carpet. Does anyone have any strong opinions on which would be better? Also, although I think black would look nice, I'm afraid it would be too hot during the summer. Any thoughts on that?

Congrats on the new G3! =D> We look forward to seeing pics of it soon. My thought would be that the black carpet would not only be hot in the summer but it would also be extremely hard to keep clean. Not sure what color your new ride is but a charcoal or sand color is usually very helpful in combating both of these issues.

I used to order my bass boats with a light mocha colored carpet, I fished near a friend's boat on several occasions that had black carpet. The difference surprised me, and I knew black was hot. I was very comfortable, and the guys in my buddy's boat were DYING. I wouldn't do it dude. I've had boats with other real dark colored carpet like red, and man it was hot. As to keeping it clean/clean looking, I think it depends on where you fish. Mud, yeah. Sand and sandy dirt, it didn't look like it was too much trouble.

That's what I figured. Sure did look nice but since the boat is for fishing and not just looking nice, color is of secondary importance. G3_Guy, the color is listed as desert. I got back from exile from Atlanta last weekend and had U-Haul put the hitch on my Honda yesterday. I went straight out to Madisonville Marine and picked it up after that. Now it's off to BPS (haven't been there since yesterday!) to pick up a few other things for the boat. I plan to make the maiden voyage early next week at the South Knoxville Bridge.

Latest posts