bow rider deck?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gizfawfish

Reaction score
hi my family has a rinker bowrider and i fish off of it. And since it has nothing for me to stand on do you guys think that i could cut a piece of pliewood and put carpet on it and use it as a deck. What do you guys think?

It would probably work great. I had a friend selling a bowrider a while back that I was tempted to convert into a fishing boat.

What type of pliewood and carpet should i use. As in waht type of pliewood and then what size(was guessing maybe a1/2 inch) Then what type of carpet should be used.

For the deck you need to use 3/4 or better. I have 1/2 in my jon across the for right on top of the ribs and when you stand on it it has a lot of give. As for the carpet lowes and homedepot has indoor/outdoor carpet that will work.

I'd go with 1/2 inch, and use 2 x 2s to make a small frame work under the deck. Depending on the opening dimensions, you may be able to get away with just framing the opening, else you would have to frame under the whole thing, which wouldn't be a problem.

Sheet of plywood - circa 15 bucks.
2 - 2x4s, to rip into 2x2s - 4 bucks.
5 linear feet of 6 ft running width Lowes carpet - roughly 15 bucks.
Factor in a few other odds and ends, and you are still between 40 and 50 bucks for all.

Are there any cushions on the bow? Can they be removed or is the deck going onto of them? I removed my rotted bow cushions from my fifteen footer. Found a piece of 3/4 plywood lying around, cut to size with a jig saw; and, fished off it for a year. I have compartments on each side of the bow that the deck achors down to with some latches. The only problem was the deck would flip up when someone didn't step in the center. Fixed by putting a 4 inch piece of angled aluminum in the very front that the deck slides underneath. I have to post a pic to explain.

Latest posts