Spray painting Rhino Liner?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

USSWormy

Reaction score
Anyone spray painted over Rhino Liner? If so, I was wondering how it held up and any issues that arose (chipping, peeling, etc.)

Any feedback is appreciated..

I'm not sure what brand liner came factory on my Triton but the camo pattern is painted over it. No issues.

I have never painted over Rhino Liner but I think I was told at one time they make a special paint for it. Maybe call your local Rhino Liner dealer and see what they recommend. They maybe able to spray something over it like they do Line-X to change the color.

Does anybody have any experience using Herculiner? I was thinking about applying that to the inside of the boat or maybe just the steelflex the the bottom and inside.

bassin assassin said:
Does anybody have any experience using Herculiner? I was thinking about applying that to the inside of the boat or maybe just the steelflex the the bottom and inside.

I wouldn't steelflex the any part of the inside you will be walking/standing on. That stuff is like ice when it is wet.

bassin assassin said:

I wouldn't use Herculiner on the inside of the boat. I put in on my trailer, and (to me) the texutre is to aggresive for bare feet, fishing line rubbing against it etc...Not to mention it would probably get very hot. What are you trying to accomplish by putting something on the inside? To seal it? Alternative to carpet? etc...

New to the board today. I mostly hang out on vivasancarlos.com and bajanomads.com

This looks like a great board with a lot of useful info.

I'm was thinking of using rhino but now superflex inside the hull of my boat. I have floor boards so I am just looking for something to strengthen the hull and stop any leaks that may develop. I've also thought of having something (rhino?) sprayed on the outside but the texture would be an issue. The superflex is slick, flexible, adheres to aluminum and is used on airboats.

Anyone have any other suggestions?

I have a 16.5' Klamath center console 50hp four stroke. I've really modified and tricked it out. I spend most of my time on the water fishing Baja and some freshwater bass, pike etc. here in Idaho.

I saw this on another site.

If you are looking to put a great protective cot on the bottom, use Steel Flex epoxy. It's a two part epoxy, and it may even come in clear, just need to call them and ask every question you can to a man named Jerry, he is very helpful. In fact, this stuff was created for Jon Boats, particularly riveted hulls. I used it twice - once each for my boats off craigslist - and it looks great. The bottom half of my boat is done with the Steel Flex, and the top blue portion is Interlux Brightside, Sapphire Blue. I have attached a picture to show you what I mean. A lot of guys over at tinboats.net and I have used this stuff - they have used a lot of colors, one of them olive drab green for duck boats. Below is the website. Do some research, but this stuff is bullet proof.

https://fascoepoxies.com/

Here is a link to my boat modification I started not so long ago:

https://tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=8277

Latest posts