bimini top- what ya think

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cetaws6

Reaction score
what do you guys think i am not done tweaking it, i need to make it a little more portable so i can put it up whenever i want. the bungy cords are not required i was trying to eliminate having to use a pole in the front but it works the best anyways let me know what you think good bad it doesnt matter will only make my improvement better!

sorry pics were taken from cell phone.

1120091929a.jpg

1120091929b.jpg

1120091929.jpg

You should do a hoop in the front like in the rear but only a single one.

i think it's a great idea, but i also think it may be to high don't you? If its meant for sun protection I think the sun will still get you unless its straight above ya. But I could be wrong. either way I'm glad you posted that because I thought of buying a cover like that but now I may just make my own also.

I like it. Maybe you could rig the top like this? And add pipe support where the bunjis are.

Do you fish or duck out of this boat? If you do a lot of fishing, I would definitely find a way of doing away with that center pipe. It will make it hard to cast with it there.

Bimini.jpg

What is the purpose? Fishing or hunting? Looks too tall for hunting, wonder how it'll act going down the road? Things to ponder...

Jamie

thanks for the comments and ideas it will mainly be fishing but i may do some duck hunting out of it, mainly built for those 100 degree days when any little bit of shade is good, as far as height goes i made it where i could stand underneath it and not have to duck down or squat down, i also have some more of the material on the top that i am going to make roll up to go on either side, It will not be left of while going down the road either thats why i have been trying to make it as easy as possible to take down and put up.

Novel idea! I have been pondering that one too. I am normally fishing in a Kayak, and here in Texas the heat is brutal and anything you can do to keep the sun from poaching your egg is an excellent idea. It can definitely extend your time out on the water a couple of more hours during the day.

I do agree with cheeseball's idea on the bracing arrangement as I think it might prove to be less of a hinderence when casting or moving around to land a nice fish.

Cheeseball said:
Oh yeah... I would paint the white pipes brown or some dark color.

i have some camo tape that sticks very well and looks really nice i didn't get to work on it very much today i'll post up any progress as soon as i get around to it.