my new 1860 grizzly awl 2007

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1860grizzly

Reaction score
Hi guys im new to site, just bought a 1860 grizzly 07, was wondering if anyone else on the site had one and what mods they have done to give me an idea on what i can do. My boat is bare bones has the ribs on the floor so definitely needs a floor put in!!! anyways like to hear anyones suggestions....thx

:WELCOME:

Thanks for joining! :beer:

First place you want to look is right here.... https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=3156

You have a nice boat for a project! Looking forward to seeing it.

That's a really nice boat. I would focus on getting a really nice motor if you haven't already.
Not one with minimal hp, go with the maximum hp rating for that beast.
I would love to see pics. Enjoy your new boat.

yea i got a motor it came with it,- in future if this one ever quits on me ill get a bigger motor but its pretty new 07' suzuki four df 30, been wanting to work on the boat but i have been working on the motor, guy that owned it before me was dry starting it apparently so now i have pieces of the impellar probably trapped in the power head hence causing overheating problems!!!!! and the carbs needed rebuilding. Sad enough motor is brand spanking new probably less than 10 hours on it, but guy i got it from had it sitting over a year!!! i just rebuilt the carbs yesterday and took it for a spin runs awesome for all about a min and then light comes on!!! so now i have to tackle the overheating problem and everything will be great!

As far as the haul I really want to put a floor in first, just not sure what kind or how im goinng tackle that yet, i like this site has given me lots of ideas on what to do, still looking before i jump into it!!

That's a pitty how some folks treat their motors.
Anywho, I'm sure you can get your mod underway.
Tons of good info here and helpful folks.

A pic would be helpful. Does your boat look like this?...

1860_grizzly.jpg

Yes!! exactly, the guy threw a couple pieces of plywood in there with like a big piece of carpet really poor job i will be removing it when ready. I will get pictures of my boat up soon maybe later tonight. But yes it looks exactly like that bare bones nothing done to it at all! figured it was great buy for money! i got boat and motor $4500, also was told at the time of purchase that boat was running great, that's another story. And it being bare bones i figured i could make it my own! Can't wait!

Latest posts