How to Get Rid of Spiders?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

My boat hangs year round in my covered boat dock. It's working out just fine except for the thousands of spiders that string their webs all over the thing...boat and boat dock too. Anyone know of something I can use to get rid of these darned eight legged pests? :?

When they get in our tinboat that stays at one of our ponds, they're not too hard to get out. They don't take too kindly to fire, and their webs burn up quick too. I don't mean lighter fluid and a match, just rolled up newspaper lit at the end.I don't know what to tell you if your boat isn't all metal like ours.

It depends on the type of spiders, Black Widows can hold thier breathe for up to 3 weeks, so a kill on contact spray solution is best for them. The Brown Recluse is the same, Daddy long legs can survive dang near anything........ You get the point.

These aren't killer spiders...just your garden variety pain in the butt. The boat is a Tracker DeepV17 and has carpet and plastic in it...not too sure the fire thing would work out too well. :wink:

eucalyptus leaves! We had a spider problem, we put eucalyptus leaves by the doors and some in the house then there were no spiders.

Plus the smell better than moth balls.

Where do you find the eucalyptus leaves? You don't have to starve a Koala do you?

mhood said:
Where do you find the eucalyptus leaves? You don't have to starve a Koala do you?

LMFAO! :lol:

They sell this stuff at home depot that you could spray around the dock, and it dries quickly, I will get you the name. I used it around the perimeter of my house and saw a huge reduction in the number of creepy crawlies.

D.R. sent me some "Cobweb Eliminator" but the shipping folks must have thought it was a Japanese fishing rod because they punched holes in the plastic bottle. There's enough left in the bottle to test it out this Spring I guess. Is that what you're thinking of?