12ft jon boat remake.. for saltwater spearfishing/flats

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sarasota_brad

Reaction score
well i have a 12ft landau ill get the messuments here in a little bit, what im looking to do is sturdie my boat up so its easier to get on and off when i go spearfishing at small reefs. is there any way this is possible?id like to have a nice deck in the front and some thing thats not gunna burn a hole in my pocket. gimmie some help guys thanks

Welcome to Tinboats!!!

I spent a week in Oct. in Florida flats fishing in the mornings and swimming in the springs out of my boat. The pods made it very easy to get in and out of the boat. There is a member on hear that builds them. PM Sparkbr and ask him about making you a set of pods. They are probably around $300 +. I saw a set the other day while fishing that stepped down. I talked to the guy for a while and he said that he bought them with the step so he and his duck dog could get in and out of the boat easier. The pods make you get in from the rear so your not tipping the boat as you would getting in from the side.

The only other suggestion would be buying/building some kind of fold up ladder in the rear. I'm a big guy and I can tell you that getting in from the side of a 12' boat isn't pretty and in my case caused some marital issues when water came in a 12' I had. :lol:

man this site rules.thank you guys so much, i was planning on getting on and off in the front of the boat. and i was going to use a small ladder in the front. i have some good ideas for the boat now but how hard are the pods to install? i will need to weld them correct?

well last night i did some freediving just b4 the sun went down. did go out on the boat but still brought home 3 16" mangrove snappers,yum

well im getting started on the boat tonight and iv decided im going to cut the center seat out like is done here, https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=9912&hilit=12+foot , this should make it a little easier to move around on it, and hopefully will be picking up a 6hp mercury for it at the end of this week.ill post some pics when i start getting it together

well guys i messured the boat since it hasnt bin at my house for i while i thought it was 12ft and its only 10 :twisted: oh well im still modding it for what i want to do. last night i cut the seat out and planned for the front deck. this morning i painted the outside of the boat, i will get some photos here in a little bit once my gf gets back with the camera. since my boat is only 10ft can i still use the 6hp mercury? or will that be to much power?

Latest posts