New to me tin

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gunny146

Reaction score
It's goin' down tomorrow afternoon. I managed to squirrel away a little here and little there and got the $250.00 for the Gamefisher I looked at a few weeks ago. I am way pumped. I will finally be able to start some real tinboats.net style mods. I have been fishing out of a buddy's borrowed boat, but it's on now with the purchase of the new tin. I am picking her up tomorrow after work. I'll try to get some pics and specs up soon. Can't wait to have my very own mods thread.

Great. I am still a bit on the fence about what is better.

Owning your own tin- mod it like you want and fish whenever you want.

Going with a buddy in his rig - sit in front and do nothing but fish, no motor work, no navigating, nothing but fishing. :)

It's a toss up some days.

picked the boat up this evening at about 1700, measures 1436. I did notice the bow doesn't taper or rise as much as some, which I really like and think is to my advantage for my evil plan. I looked the 1436 mods and I am thinking about doing one like baptistpreach did, with a few changes here and there. I plan on using this girl to fish some the the jon boat tourneys here in GA, and take my little girls fishing. I really feel much better about this boat than the 1432. I will start a new thread when I begin work on the boat and trailer. Wish me luck guys.

Congrats on the "New tin" =D> .

I actually thought about several of you guys from GA today as I was coming from AL visiting family over the holidays back to SC. I went across Lake Oconee on I-20 and saw it was pretty muddy, thinking it looks like Santee where I fish mostly.

It is nice to have your own boat and be able to take the kids out. Can't wait to see the mods.

Doug

Doug, every body of water here looks like tomato soup with all the rain. This has been the wettest year in 60 years in Ga. From what I hear, the bite is real tough in Oconee. I was talking to the owner of one of the marinas and he told they had 15-20 boat tourney over the weekend and 6 pounds won. He said the winner had 3 fish, one guy had 2 and another 1, the rest zeroed. It's hard to fish the winter patterns with so much mud in the water.

:LOL2: =D> =D> =D> I'm glad to see you take the plunge and find out what all the excitement is about!! You'll never go near fiberglass again, Good Sailing LDJ

Latest posts