Cheap Place to Get Aluminum!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jeffsjonboat

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I was searching around Georgia for an a wholesale aluminum dealer and then I found this place: https://metalsupermarkets.rtrk.com I just bought 30 feet of 1"X1"X0.125 guage angled aluminum for $41. The shipping was $12 so in total I got 30 feet for $53. At HD I bought 6 feet for $18 so this is a better deal. I just wanted to share this with the group if anyone is looking for aluminum or any other metal for their boat. Take Care,

- Jeff

Find you a local steelyard, or metal supply house, and you will do better than that. I have found Metals Supermarket to be quite high on many things, compared to my local metal supply yard. Sometimes, they will cut what you need, others you may need to buy a full 20 ft. stick, depending on the policy of the place. But, chances are, it will be cheaper. If transport isn't possible with a 20 ft. stick, take a battery powered portaband or sawzall (or even hacksaw) and trim it in the parking lot.

countryboy210 said:
Jeff-
What Was The Length Of The Pieces To Make Up The 30 Feet? How Were They Packaged For Shipment?

They are 3 pieces of angled aluminum at 10 feet each. I have not received them yet, I'll let you know when I get them!

Not a bad deal on shipping though. Try shipping a 7 foot rod anywhere for 12 bucks. Not gonna happen, much less on a 10 ft. package.

Latest posts